Barfeeder & Bar Support Specifications
All of our barfeeds and support units are built with ease of use in mind. See below for specifications common to both barfeed units and to read more each product:
- SB1 barfeed, swing away unit ideal for shorter production runs
- HB1 barfeed, supporting bar 0.5m beyond your spindle length
- BS1 bar support unit, for machining long bars that only require end working operations, or to compliment your existing short multi barfeeder or bar puller.
Key barfeed features
Operator Control Panel
Easy to use operator control panel:
- Forward and reverse manual push rod control
- Full retract mode facility
- Barfeed auto start
- Alarm lamp
- Emergency stop
Soft push facility for smaller diameter bars.
Most types of bar profiles supported.
- Short single unit requires minimum floor space footprint of only 1965×350mm
- Swing aside for loading of bars into lathe headstock and spindle liner changeover
- Front or rear swing aside facility (to be specified on order)
- Interface requires one M code, chuck and guard door signals from CNC lathe.
- End of bar, M code finish and alarm output signals PLC control
- 16, 10 and 6mm push rods supplied (other sizes available on request)
- Fast push rod change over
- Full pushrod auto retracting at the end of bar signal output
- Can feed bar sizes 6 to 80mm diameter, most profiles
- CE compliance
- Made in the UK
Dimensions and layout details
|Max push stroke||1520mm|
|Bar diameter range||6 – 80mm approx, most profiles|
|Spindle height range||825 – 1230mm (other heights available on request)|
|Electrical supply||100-240V AC – 1PH – 50/60Hz|
|Air supply||5-7 bar (75-100 psi)|